Friday, October 7, 2011

PE2_ iMovie

After I started watching the videos I decided to produce a video I can actually use in class. I love to incorporate amusing characters which will entice the students to listen to the lesson, but also teach them the standards we need to learn for our up coming test . For this project i decided to introduce my unit on forces by including a character whom is the most known user of "the Force", Darth Vader. I produced a script in which Darth Vader and I discuss the differences between contact and non-contact forces. I decided to go big on this project because my students have learned to expect the best from the lesson i give them. This video includes green screen effects, two dimensional animated effects, and real time video for the background from the movie Star Wars.
This is an ambitious project and i know there bound to be some failures along the way, but i know what doesn't kill me makes me stronger right!! Wish me Luck.

1 comment:

  1. What a great lesson! Oh that I could be in your class! Now why could I not have teachers like you when i was going to school learning about contact and non-contact forces. By the way, Darth Vader is one of my most favorite characters. Your lesson reminds me of a lesson that I give to my middle school students. They are to create a magazine cover with the headlining story about how they got a chance to meet anyone they deem to be a hero. The only stipulation is that it had to be someone they had not met yet or will never meet because that person is deceased. The lesson started off with me taking pictures of each student in front of a make-shift green screen. The student had to look surprised. Then students were to go online to find a picture of this hero. Finally, students cut out the picture of themselves, cut out the pictures of their heroes, and pasted both pictures on a chosen picture of the school I had previously gathered for the students. They had a ball posing for the pictures, cutting themselves out and seeing their final picture placed in their magazine design.

    I hope your endeavor is as successful as mine! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete