Friday, October 14, 2011

PE5_Illuminate_MeakeBeliefsComix_Continued

After Playing around with the Web2.0 tool MakeBeliefsComix.com, I have decide that this is a super fun way to have my students prove to me they know what Newton's three laws of motion are. I feel that any student can read a book, memorize, and recite information their teacher has given them. A true test of learning is to see if the students can relate what they have learned to real life situations, this truly shows mastery of the subject material. In MakeBeliefsComix.com i was able to produce a short comic in minutes and email it to myself to prove it can be done. The following comic is what was produced from all of my tinkering.

 Not too shabby if I do say so myself...

Illuminate was a success as well. The students took their quiz and within a matter of minutes I was able to calculate and compare the results of 185 students!!! With this great program i was able to calculate my class averages and see which standards the students are falling behind on. As you can see in the image below, question 2 was the most missed question for all of my classes. The following day after the test was given, i was able to reteach the lesson and give the quiz once more verbally to my students. I feel that this is the best way to help our students truly learn the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment