Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wk 3 Wimba Sharing Sessions

This week I was able to gather some great feedback from many fellow students and a few past course directors to help me make my Leadership presentation the best it can be. If you have not had a chance to view my presentation you can view  my speakers notes HERE, which also contains links to my Prezi and supplemental webpage for the presentation. 

My first E-Mail conversation was with Dr. Siegel from my GMS course:


> From: Siegel, Daniel [dsiegel@fullsail.com]
> Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 1:31 PM
> To: Joe Marquez
> Subject: RE: Leadership Request
>
> Hey Joe:
>
> What is the purpose of this speech?  What is your goal?  What do you want the
> audience to leave knowing?

 


On 5/14/12 10:37 AM, "Joe Marquez" <JoeMarquez@fullsail.edu> wrote:

> The purpose of the speech is to get teachers to not be afraid of using
> technology in the classroom. I want teachers to know that there are ways to
> use technology which will not take up an extreme amount of time on their part
> to learn and implement in their lessons. I have given this speech before, but
> now that I have evidence that it works from my AR project I wanted to
> incorporate this information at the front of the speech to get my audiences
> attention. By the end of this speech I want teachers to leave with the mind
> set of "I can do that" or "I would love to do this stuff." I included a link
> to a supplemental web page I created in order to supply those in attendance
> with help and support in their journey into technology.


> From: Siegel, Daniel [dsiegel@fullsail.com]
> Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 9:11 AM
> To: Joe Marquez
> Subject: RE: Leadership Request


>I would not take the argument "It won't take up more time"
>
>Why?  Learning it will take time.
>
>I would take the argument "Your life will be better.  Your learners will be
>better.  Here is how.."


My Next E-Mail conversation was with Cheryl Jones-Gage from Team Quizknows



Cheryl Jonesgage cheryljonesgage@fullsail.edu
May 17 (3 days ago)


Hi Joe. I looked at your presentation tonight. It is extensive and I learned a lot going through it. Based on what was said in class during the presentations, I would suggest that you cut back on your speakers notes. You only need 1500 words and you have over 2300 words. The professor never commented on any presentations being too long, so I don't know if he will take points off for the length. Just something to think about.
Your prezi is very well done. I would suggest fewer words on some slides, also, I think although they are great, there are way too many movies included. I take a very long time to see the entire thing if you watch all the videos in their entirety. The content of each video is great, just too many. 
Good luck Joe!

My third E-Mail Conversation was with Mary Wilson also from Team Quizknows:
Mary Wilson mary.wilson515@gmail.com
May 11 (9 days ago)

to me
Joe 
You did an amazing job. I havnt had a chance to look at your prezi but the notes look great. I would love to attend your presentation you inspire me. I will email you again once I have looked at your prezi. 
Mary

Sent from my iPhone
 
Mary Wilson mary.wilson515@gmail.com
May 11 (9 days ago)

to me
Oh and the website is great. I never know how u have time to do all the great things you do but keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone
 
Mary Wilson mary.wilson515@gmail.com
May 11 (8 days ago)

to me
ok I finally got a chance to look at your prezi, are you using the prezi to present? or will you be presenting some other way? If you are using it to present i think it is good but I thought some of the individual frames had too many words on them, maybe if you scaled back the words on each frame it would be better. if you are not using it to present, its great. I learned so much fro the prezi and your notes, I will definitely refer back to it for help!
 
My last E-Mail conversation was from Molly Eide,  Marketing Director for a Lawfirm here in town:
Molly Eide molly.eide1@gmail.com
May 14 (5 days ago)

to me
The Prezi looks great! Before it started, I was notified that one of the graphics had trouble loading. I am not sure what graphic it was...
 
There are a few spots that need grammatical edits (removing the "s" after a word, un-capitalizing and capitalizing a few words, comma and period usages), but the content is fantastic. 
 
These same comments apply to the google doc of lecture notes.  There are a few minor edits in terms of grammar, but again, the content looks great! Very informative.
 
I enjoyed that you are implementing the 5:1 rule that you are telling your audience to use. Love the videos!
 
 
 
 I hope to take some of these suggestions and complete my presentation very soon.


1 comment: